I am constantly referring people on the Wilton.com forum to videos on your site. (The ones referred most often are "Cake Construction" and "How to cover a cake with fondant using The Mat". ) New bakers have SO many questions and your videos hit the cake nail right on the head!
I began cake decorating at the age of 56 with the first of the Wilton classes at my local Michaels store. Like many others, it has turned into a passion. I have spent hundreds of hours online learning and videos like those from Sweetwise, Inc. are a blessing.
(p.s. I bought The Mat, but haven't used it yet--I'm looking forward to my next fondant cake!)
The Genesis.XG is designed to be the workhorse of airbrushes; ideal for all applications, including automotive, fine art, murals and make-up. The large reservoir is easy to clean, holds more paint for longer spraying sessions and useful for mixing custom colors. From fine lines to broad strokes, the XG is an all-around kind of brush.
- Cutting edge design specifically for precise control of fine detailed work.
- Preset handle for precise paint volume control.
- Solvent proof teflon seals allows use of any medium.
- Internally mixed for improved atomization.
- Precisely machined stainless steel nozzle and needle.
- Larger diameter nozzle threads for improved centering & stronger tightening.
- Durable heavy nickel chrome plated housing.
- Convenient to clean design.
- Short passageway from cup to nozzle for responsive feel.
- Accept oils, gouches, urethanes, enamels, lacquers, acrylics, dyes, inks, & more.
- Adaptable with major brands of airbrush jars and/or color cups.
7mL (1/4 oz.)
Hair Line to 25mL (1")
120g (4.2 oz.)
5 ~ 80psi (0.34 ~ 5.52bar)
If you use one special dust all the time (like super pearl), you will love this pump brush. It makes dusting cakes and decorations so easy and will literally pay for itself over time because you'll use far less dust as this brush prevents waste. In addition, you'll get a much more even (not so splotchy) look to the cake.